What do you think of interoffice dating?

1.25.2009

Just another Manic Sunday

I got a lot of kudos about the "Knocked up and Pissed Off blog", I guess people are still a little shy about leaving actual comments. Leave comments people! Anyway, it seemed people really enjoyed that one or maybe it just struck a nerve. Actually a friend emailed me to let me know something fishy happened with her job related to her pregnancy when she went back to work. (Our babies are the same age). I am interested to know what the dilly is there. Mental note to follow up on that one. The examples I gave in that blog were completely real (I wish they weren't) and sadly they happen every day. The one I forgot to include were the comments people made about my maternity leave / FMLA leave being "an extended vacation"...? I don't know about you, but I don't think 30 hours of labor followed by a c-section qualifies as equivalent to as having margaritas by the shore. Just saying.

Anyway- there are lots more there, but I don't want to bore you or infuriate you (I guess it all depends on who you are-ha!)

I am studying and prepping for a class I am teaching tomorrow. The Duggar's TLC special (yeah the family with 18 kids) is on in the background. I am thinking they need a HR person to manage the potential issues in their family? Any takers? My guess would be you would have to be willing to work with a definite glass ceiling. Send applications to.. oh forget it this is MY blog. Back to reality.

I better get back to my work. Have a great week.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, so I think you are an amazing writer and it would be fantastic if you were published. If I had your talent, with my thoughts and experiences OMG I'd have a best seller on my hands!! Too bad my thoughts and dialouge just never seem to be on the same page...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had just the opposite experience on my maternity leave. I wanted to take a vacation week and they said "But this is medical leave, not a vacation!". I wish they had seen it the other way around, because I wouldn't have had to fight for that week's pay, LOL!

    ReplyDelete